On Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 10:0am to 6:0pm
France's most monumental and well preserved Gallo-Roman thermal baths !
Chassenon - Charente, between Angoulême and Limoges
A unique place to visit : the Gallo-Romans thermal baths of Cassinomagus are some of the best preserved antique monuments in Europe. Cassinomagus is a vast archeological park to be experienced with your children : thermal baths' guided tours, walk in an antique garden, area dedicated to Gallo-Roman games, discovery of archeological excavations…
WHAT'S NEW in 2019
- An adventure game (to play in french) to discover the whole site
- Furniture and antique objects in the baths for a lively restitution experience
- Costumed guided tours for a better immersion, once a week in summer, in english
Event dates in 2019 :
- 20th, 21st and 22nd of april : Easter egg hunt in the park
- 7th, 8th and 9th of June : National event "Rendez vous au jardin"
- 14th, 15th and 16th of June : National Days of Archeology
-6th of July : Evening show (free, with the Département de la Charente)
- 27th and 28th of July : "Les Journées des Thermes" (Season's main event) - animations and exhibitions with historical reconstruction
- 5th of August: "Gipsy caravan concert" from Tsingo music club, coproduction with Le Temps Suspendu and les Amis de Chassenon
- August: "Outdoor cinema" (Date and time are to defined)
- 21st and 22nd of September : European Heritage Days (free access to the park)
- October 31rst ans November the 1st : "Living Murder Game" for families the 3rd edition!
- Conferences with the "Association des Amis de Chassenon" - to be defined
Visits and activities in 2019 :
- Guided tours or visit with audioguides (in french, english, german)
- Antique costumes for children
- Antique garden and outdoor games for adults and children