France's most monumental and well preserved Gallo-Roman thermal baths !
Chassenon - Charente, between Angoulême and Limoges
A unique place to visit : the Gallo-Romans thermal baths of Cassinomagus are some of the best preserved antique monuments in Europe. Cassinomagus is a vast archeological park to be experienced with your children : thermal baths' guided tours, walk in an antique garden, area dedicated to Gallo-Roman games, discovery of archeological excavations…
WHAT'S NEW in 2020
- A virtual reality tour of the temple, with a french speaking guide: an unprecedented visit of the remains of the lost temple: experience an immersion in time with the new virtual reality helmets.
- the "Path of the gods": Embark on an adventure, during a fun quest to discover the mythology of Antiquity: challenges, manipulations, puzzles to solve with your roadbook… and exclusive access to the maze that will lead you to the temple (french).
- Tepidariums' dinners: 4 special summer evening dinners inspired by ancient times - menus, prices and timetables to consult on the website
- Tessela: Family and school workshop on antique mosaic
Visits and activities in 2020 :
- Guided tours or visit with audioguides (in french, english, german)
- Virtual reality tour of the temple
- Antique costumes for children
- Antique gardens and outdoor games for adults and children
Event dates in 2020 :
- 11th, 12th and 13th of april : Easter egg hunt in the park
- 5th, 6th and 7th of June : National event "Rendez vous au jardin"
- 19th, 20th and 21st of June : National Days of Archeology
- july and august : Tepidariums' dinners / 4 special summer evening dinners inspired by ancient times - menus, prices and timetables to consult on the website
- 25th and 26th of July : "Les Journées des Thermes" (Season's main event) - animations and exhibitions with historical reenactments
- 3th of August: classical music concert, a coproduction with Le Temps Suspendu festival and les Amis de Chassenon
- 1st of August (to be confirmed) : Evening show (free, with the Département de la Charente)
- 19th of september : meet-up of sport and old cars with the "Rallye" from the famous "Circuit des remparts"
- 19th and 20th of September : European Heritage Days (free access to the park)
- 16th, 17th and 18th of october : National Days of Architecture, one visit per day at 2:30 pm
- October 31rst and November the 1st : investigation game for families the 4thd edition (french speaking)!
- Conferences with the "Association des Amis de Chassenon" - 9th of May, 6th of June, 5th of September, 3th of October-timetables to consult on the website
Tarifs : tarif de base adulte 7€ (+1 € visite guidée)