HÔTEL DE VILLE

Description

This building, the castle and old count's residence was converted into the Town Hall from 1858 to 1869 by the architect Paul Abadie. He has kept two towers from the former castle : the polygonal keep built by the Lusignans in the 13th and the 14th centuries, and the round tower (or Valois tower) of the 15th century where Marguerite d’Angouleme, sister of Francis the First, was born in 1492. The other parts of the building were built in an eclectic style, in agreement with the tastes of the 19th century and drawing on medieval forms, Renaissance and classic style.
Via Patrimoine Association, settled in the Valois tower welcomes the public all year round and show a relief map of the city, dated 1885, which is the starting point for tours.

Type

Site et monument historique

Conditions de visites

Visites libres en permanence

Localisation

En centre-ville

Prestations spécifiques Enfants

Non

Free

Oui

Animals accepted

Oui

Opening

Opened all year

Calculate the route to HÔTEL DE VILLE

Recommended for you